Job Title: FSQA Director
Reports to: Vice President FSQA
Location: Yoakum, TX 77995
Number of Reports: 20 (Direct and Indirect)
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 10-hour shift
Starting Salary: $98,000/year
Number of hires for this role: 1
Work Remotely: No
- Manufacturing: 7 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Position Summary: The Director of FSQA is responsible for ensuring that the company exemplifies high standards in food safety. This role is responsible for ensuring compliance with USDA, company, customer, legal and all regulatory requirements both foreign and domestic. As part of the Leadership Team, contributes to overall strategic direction for the organization, providing subject matter expertise.
You will be directly responsible for the leadership of all food safety and quality assurance activity in a food processing facility. This role includes maintaining GMP, HACCP, BRC, GFSI programs including documentation, all recalls, manufacturing and process control, as well as audits. This role partners with Production and provides guidance for elevated food safety standards by implementing and enforcing food safety and security procedures for our facility.
- Reports to Vice President FSQA where improvements and execution of relevant preventive controls regarding food safety programs are needed.
- Training/educating colleagues and suppliers in identifying critical parameters of processes used, the mechanisms underlying control steps and the measurements needed to validate these processes when requested by other functions.
- Excellent organizational skills including time management and priority setting.
- Proven ability to interact clearly and effectively with cross functional business partners to establish targets plans and maintain timelines to ensure timely and quality execution.
- Strong demonstrated transformational skills (inspiring, problem solving, communication across multiple organizations, executing) to provide evidence-based leadership, and the ability to utilize these skills with all levels of team members, management and community leaders is required.
- Requires an excellent executive presentation and communication skills with the ability to inspire and inform.
- Requires a strong business, planning, communication and financial skillset with the ability to manage complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Requires a demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and community.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams when problem solving issues across functional areas (QA, Operations, R&D, and Marketing/Sales). Measure and communicate progress as a problem moves towards a lasting solution.
- Assist Operations, R&D, Engineering with design (and process capability) on any new lines (as well as improvements in existing lines).
- Build and maintain a strong QA/FS teams by providing coaching and training. Assist associates in receiving outside training when needed.
- Provide Food Safety guidance to operations.
- Maintain strong professional relationships across plant locations, Sales, Marketing, Vendors, Key customers, Co-Packers, to enable responsive partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Agribusiness or related discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience in the food industry required, USDA RTE strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and/or certifications in) food safety and all applicable regulations as required
- Substantial experience in Food Safety/Food Quality and/or Regulatory relations with a minimum of 10 years in progressive management.
- 7+ years with direct customer interface and support around Quality and Food Safety.
- 7+ years’ experience managing requirements around verification programs; GFSI, BRC, HACCP, etc.
- Strong background in the areas of microbiology and food science/engineering food safety with a minimum of 10 years work experience.
- Extensive Regulatory (USDA) engagement experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining company records relating to process workflows, USDA, FDA and other regulatory organizations.
- Thorough understanding of HACCP and GFSI programs/audit schemes
- Robust knowledge and experience with RTE products.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present the company's Food Safety and Quality strategy as it relates to senior management, regulatory bodies, customers and copackers
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a rapidly growing organization, inclusive of demonstrated ability to coordinate efforts in addressing regulatory issues. Ability to formulate solutions from a broad perspective.
- Prior experience in a job that involves direct interaction with government agencies.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
- May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
- May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
- Work activity is in an office, open-partitioned, cubicle environment.
- When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors, temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply.
Company's Facebook page: