Production Supervisor: 2nd Shift
Job Title: Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Location: Yoakum, TX 77995
Starting Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 a year
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role: 1
This position is responsible for monitoring the production workflow and adjusting production to meet production schedule targets. Must have the ability to manage a diverse workforce and prepare routine reports to managers and internal/external customers regarding production and employee issues. Must have the ability to make decisions and manage in a deadline motivated production environment.
- Directs the activities of department staff with coordination from other department supervisors, production managers and equipment operators.
- Monitors production to maximize productivity and respond to unusual circumstances to meet production targets.
- Engages shift employees using effective communication skills, coaching skills, good judgment and sound decision making.
- Assigns individuals to various workstations and tasks as needed.
- Coaches employees for performance improvement and skill development.
- Ensures employees are following GMP’s and safety guidelines.
- Tracks attendance daily and documents all absences that occur in their department.
- Prepares end of shift reports that detail various aspects and statistics from each production run.
- Initiate personnel actions such as promotions, transfers or disciplinary measures.
- Coordinates when necessary with other departments, workflow and production to ensure limited disruption due to equipment malfunction, product supply, etc.
- Planning production loading orders and checking those orders for accuracy.
Education / Skills / Experience
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to assist with any production problems as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of three years working in packaging, meat processing or line manufacturing environment
- Prior experience with USDA, OSHA, HACCP, and GMP is a plus.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Waiting period may apply